Friday, May 8, 2009

In the Home Stretch

Now we have raced into May I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel which is both exciting and nerve-racking. I have worked out pretty hard and while I am excited to see the performance benefits there is still a twinge of doubt. Did I do everything I could? I have 22 days until Dam to Dam which I consider the offical start to my two week taper before the Ironman Kansas 70.3.The week leading up to that is a little lighter than usual but I figure the 20K will be a nice place to start my transition into the taper. The hardest part about this time of year for me is that I typically tell myself that missing workouts is ok because I need to be well rested. There are certainly times when that is true and rest is needed, I often use rest as an excuse to not do anything. There is a difference. The last thing I want to do is to start putting on the brakes when I should be charging.