Monday, April 13, 2009

Ahhhh, Easter!

I always think of Easter as one of the first events of spring. Families get together and usually it is one of the first nice weather weekends of the year and maybe one of the first times you might get outside on your bike. I had big plans to get outside on my bike this weekend but I needed to negotiate the weekend fiestivities that were planned with relatives from out of town as well as Easter Egg Hunts and Church. Let's just say that when the dust settled I got in an 8 mile run on Saturday followed by basketball at a nearby park with nephews and a lot of pork products consumed an Easter Buffet. All things considered I had a great weekend and this week I am going to get back to the business of training.

The plan for this week is includes 8800 meters in the pool, 340 miles on the bike, and 41 miles of running. I feel refreshed and ready to go. I am less than 2 weeks away from the Drake Relays on the Roads Half Marathon which I am going to treat as a training run so I will continue to work my regular training schedule through that event with one exception. The exception will be that on raceday I will not do a long bike ride. Maybe an easy late day one to loosen the legs a little bit. That is almost two weeks away so I am not going to think too much more about it.

No comments: