Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good Start to the Week

I had a pretty good start to the week getting in 70 miles on the trainer yesterday. I actually was in one place the entire time but you understand what I mean. It felt pretty good since it was the first time in the saddle after a few days of no bike time. Felt great afterwards almost as if I didn't peddle at all. I was a little tight this morning but it wasn't any different than usual and I felt good in the pool. I was expecting a little more soreness and it just hasn't happened. Of course sometimes it takes a couple of days until I feel the full brunt of a long workout but right now I am pleased.

Today is an exciting day in that my daughter starts soccer. Having played soccer from 4 years old all the way up to Men's league myself, I couldn't be more excited to see my little girl strap on the cleats. Of course it is pee-wee soccer and she will be head to toe in pink with a bunch of other 4 years probably dressed the same, but it will still be fun to watch. The trick for me is to sneak my run in at some point. Probably try to get some time on the treadmill here at work over lunch so that I don't have to try and squeeze it in tonight after soccer practice. After soccer practice is more time in the saddle. Busy busy busy.

No comments: