Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What to do...

I am not sure what everybody else thinks on days like today and by "days like today" I mean beautiful spring days. It is awesome outside and I have a pretty basic brick to do tonight but I also want to spend some time running around the backyard with the kids. In the end I know what I am going to do but for some reason I keep trying to work the angles to try and improve my set of options. Overall, all my options are pretty darn good so I am going to stress over them. I am going to go home and play in the backyard until it is dinner time. Then I am going to eat and hop on the trainer for two hours then run on the treadmill for 30 minutes. This is similar to what I did last night except tonight I am going to do it early enough that my wife won't be begging me to finish so that she can go to sleep. Apparently I am a little heavy footed on the treadmill and the pounding can be heard in the bedroom. I don't notice it much since I typically have my I-pod up and running with me but I am afraid that me not hearing it doesn't make it any more quiet for my wife.

I did get a pretty easy 2200 meters in at the pool over my lunch break which was nice. The pool at the YMCA was a little on the warm side which didn't bother me to much but I definitely heard some chatter about it from other swimmers. I hate swimming at the YMCA on my lunch break because the Walnut Creek YMCA gets so busy. I prefer doing my swims in the morning but lately we have had sick kids moving in and out of the bedroom late at night so the snooze on the alarm gets hit before I really know what is going on. So I swim on my lunch break and I wait for someone to get done before I jump into a lane that has only one other person in it. During this time you pretty much never get a lane to yourself and there is a decent chance that someone is going to ask you to circle swim. I don't know about you but I hate, hate, hate circle swimming. No one ever swims the same speed and people are stopped at different times and it just becomes a big mess. It is one thing if you are part of a training group to circle swim because you are all typically doing the same workout and are with swimmers of approximately the same ability so the negatives are minimized. Not on lunch at the Y. I don't think that this is something that I will get passed so call it a character flaw or whatever. Circle swimming stinks.

No comments: